Auto Liability Insurance
Businesses that rely on vehicles for their day-to-day operations should consider acquiring a commercial auto insurance policy. In some instances, Federal Filings or state laws may impose requirements for businesses to ensure that commercial auto insurance adequately covers their commercial vehicles and drivers. Should you find yourself in need of such insurance or wish to guarantee your business’s compliance with pertinent regulations, do not hesitate to get in touch with American Truck Insurance.
Understanding Commercial Auto Insurance
A commercial auto insurance policy serves as a protective shield, covering the financial implications arising from an auto accident, whether it’s caused by you or one of your employees. Generally, commercial auto insurance encompasses a range of essential coverages, including liability, collision, medical, comprehensive, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Depending on your business’s unique needs, supplementary coverage can be incorporated into your commercial auto insurance policy. Our Insurance Agency is well-equipped to assist you in evaluating your business’s insurance requirements and ensuring that you possess the precise level of coverage.
Coverage Under Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance encompasses a spectrum of ranges, including:
- Liability Coverage: This aspect may facilitate the coverage of repair costs for the other party’s vehicle or property. It can also extend to the legal expenses incurred during a lawsuit for personal injury.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage offers total protection, encompassing harms unrelated to a collision, such as theft, floods, vandalism, and fires.
- Collision Coverage: In the unfortunate event of an insured vehicle colliding with another car or object, collision coverage covers repair expenses and may even assist in replacing a total loss vehicle.
- Medical Payment Coverage: Medical payment coverage can provide the needed financial support when an accident necessitates medical care for the driver and passengers.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: In instances where an uninsured driver collides with one of your business’s vehicles, injuring the driver and passengers, uninsured motorist coverage offers bodily injury protection. Some policies also extend the range to the damage sustained by the company vehicle.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Underinsured motorist coverage is designed to protect in cases where an underinsured driver causes injury to your business’s driver and passengers. Similar to uninsured motorist coverage, it may also cover damage to the company vehicle.
Furthermore, businesses can enhance their insurance coverage through policy endorsements. These supplementary features encompass a range of benefits such as roadside assistance, reimbursement for towing expenses, coverage for hired non-owned vehicles, rental reimbursement, and gap coverage for automobile loans or leases.
Procuring Commercial Auto Insurance
Should your business require commercial auto insurance, our team at American Truck Insurance is at your service. Contact us today for a customized insurance quote or to consult your commercial auto insurance needs. We are here to help you navigate the complexities of securing the right coverage for your business.